Showcase of Green Technologies
JETRO: Leading your partnerships for green innovations
Green Innovations Partnership Program Members
The "Green Innovations Partnership" program represents a growing number of companies that feature the latest cutting-edge green technologies from Japan. Members of the "Green Innovations Partnership" program will showcase their technologies at a series of expos and conferences throughout the U.S. The program provides opportunities for potential U.S. business partners to connect with innovative Japanese green technologies and expertise, develop business, and forge strategic partnerships.
Download Green Innovations Partnership Packet (PDF, 1.18MB)
JETRO serves to support innovative green technologies that are fundamental to creating a sustainable society and vitalizing the U.S. Green Economy. The "Green Innovations Partnership" program features green technologies that draw upon the experience and innovation of Japanese technology by:
Optimizing your energy solutions with experience from Japan: the world's most energy-efficient economy.
Greening your community with wisdom inspired by Japan's long history of sustainability.
Maximizing your renewable potential with the most innovative technologies proven in Japan.
2012 Members of the Green Innovations Partnership Program
- Alter Buildings Japan Co., Ltd. (PDF, 2.74MB)
- Daiei Factory Co., Ltd (PDF, 1.01MB)
- Daiki Rika Kogyo Co., Ltd (PDF, 975KB)
- Fujiwara Industry Co., Ltd (PDF, 977KB)
- HiBot Corp. (PDF, 864KB)
- ICT Co.,Ltd. (PDF, 959KB)
- Kaneka Corporation (PDF, 0.98MB)
Thin-film silicon hybrid solar panel
- Kaneka Corporation (PDF, 904KB)
Kaneka Ion Exchange Fiber, Chelating Fiber
- Kenki Corporation (PDF, 1.02MB)
- Matsushima Machinery Laboratory Co., Ltd. (PDF, 758KB)
- NanoMistTechnologies Co., Ltd. (PDF, 1.00MB)
2011 Members of the Green Innovations Partnership Program
- AQUA TEC SARAYA Co., Ltd. (PDF, 146KB)
- AUDIX (PDF, 230KB)
- AWA PAPER MFG. CO., LTD. (PDF, 225KB)
- CALFA Chemical Co., Ltd. (PDF, 197KB)
- Chlorine Engineers Corp., Ltd. (PDF, 299KB)
- Clean Japan Engineering Co., Ltd. (PDF, 240KB)
- Junkosha Inc. (PDF #1, 196KB) (PDF #2, 203KB)
- Laplace System Co., Ltd. (PDF, 205KB)
- Nori Company (PDF, 144KB)
- Osaki Electric Group (PDF, 100KB)
- Roof Tech. (YANEGIKEN CO., LTD.) (PDF, 261KB)
- SAKURAI GIKEN KOGYO CO., LTD. (PDF, 208KB)
- Seabell International Co., Ltd. (PDF, 223KB)
- Shimadakogyo Engineering Works Co.,LTD (PDF, 332KB)
- TOTETSU MFG. CO., LTD. (PDF, 202KB)
2010 Members of the Green Innovations Partnership Program
- Masaki ENVEC Co., Ltd. (PDF #1, 431KB) (PDF #2, 370KB)
- WoodOne US, Inc. (PDF, 223KB)
- WINPRO Co., Ltd. (PDF, 178KB)
- TGM CO., LTD (PDF, 263KB)
- M-DIA & CO., LTD. (PDF, 451KB)
- OSAKI ELECTRIC Co., Ltd. (PDF, 209KB)
- Nunobiki Core Corporation (PDF, 285KB)
- Hasegawa Kogyo (PDF, 347KB)
- CASCADIA ECOHOMES, LTD. (PDF, 305KB)
Green Technology for Sustainable Building
Showcased green technologies feature technology that has already been successfully proven in Japan, and can be integrated into commercial and residential building applications in the U.S.
Model of Building Applications (PDF, 931KB)
Click to enlarge
Showcased Green Technologies
Affinity's energy saving windowpanes self-respond and automatically adjust to block out harmful solar radiation and moderate indoor lighting.
Thermotropic Smart Windowpanes (PDF, 386KB)
Daikin AC's energy efficient HVAC systems feature unique variable refrigerant volume (VRV) and multi-split systems that enable precise temperature control in multiple zones from one centralized unit.
Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems (PDF, 283KB)
ENVEC's artificial roof soil is up to half the weight of traditional soils, and retains up to 10 times more water and nutrients. The solar-powered Mizusumashi "Mini Water Beetle" circulates water to restore water quality naturally without harmful chemicals.
Lightweight Artificial Roof Soil (PDF, 432KB)
MIZUSUMASHI Solar Powered Water Enhancer (PDF, 371KB)
Fuji Electric's award-winning FWAVE solar modules employ amorphous silicon (a-Si) applied in a tandem-structured layer to thin-film plastic.
FWAVE Innovative Features:
FWAVE - Lightweight flexible PV modules (PDF, 145KB)
- 1 mm thick, 1/10th the weight of typical glass-based cells
- Conforms to virtually any installation surface
- 10% more power annually than comparable crystalline PVs
SSBB's rainwater harvesting storage tank system is made of recyclable polypropylene plastic. The system's lightweight and simple construction is space efficient and effectively stores water with a 95-96% storage ratio.
Takagi's "endless on-demand" tankless water heaters deliver 200-500 gallons of hot water per hour per unit, and feature efficiency ratings of up to 95%.
Tankless Water Heaters (PDF, 305KB)
WoodOne's resource conservation and sustainable manufacture of 168,000 acres of Radiata Pine forest yields superior wood products that help create healthy living and working environments.
Sustainable Wood Products (PDF, 224KB)
- The logo's sphere represents researchers' and engineers' enthusiasm flowing down to form innovation, which is represented by the solid block.
- The sphere and hexagonal block is connected by a pipe, which represents network and support.
- From the view point of environment and ecology, the logo evokes a giant tree growing from the earth, or a potted plant.
Presentations Concerning the Japanese Alternative Energy & Energy Efficient Sector
- Japan's Approach to New Energy - Outline - December, 2009 (PDF, 4.65 MB)
- Japan's Approach to New Energy - Photovoltaic Power Generation - December, 2009 (PDF, 2.06 MB)
- Japan's Approach to Energy Conservation - Focusing on energy conservation technologies and products for industrial use - December, 2009 (PDF, 2.27 MB)
- Japan's Approach to Energy Conservation and New Energy - Focusing on energy conservation and new energy usage in the commercial/residential sector - December, 2009 (PDF, 1.44 MB)
- Toward E&E Cooperation in APEC - May 09 (PDF, 1.22 MB)
- US-Japan Energy and Environment Cooperation - Apr. 09 (PDF, 1.44 MB)
- Toward E&E Cooperation in East Asia - Mar. 09 (PDF, 1.61 MB)
- Framework Beyond 2012: How to Find Ambitious and Practical Common Ground - Mar. 09 (PDF, 1.14 MB)
- Japan's Solar: Company, Technology, and Business Strategy - Feb. 09 (PDF, 3.04 MB)